Caribbean Sweet Potatoes
with Coconut Rice & Mango Salsa
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 red onion, peeled and minced (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 lime, zested, half juiced, half wedged
- 13.4 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- Directions for 4 servings indicated in parentheses.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, jerk seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until wedges are crisp and browned in places, 18 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add just half the onion and just half the garlic. Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil)
Add basmati rice, coconut milk, ½ tsp salt, and ⅓ cup water to the saucepan with the onion and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 tsp salt, ⅔ cup water)
Add remaining onion, remaining garlic, mango, parsley, lime juice, ¼ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to a large bowl. Toss the mango salsa to combine. (4-serving meal: use ½ tsp salt)
Add lime zest and kidney beans to the coconut rice, stir, and divide between bowls. Top with Caribbean sweet potatoes and mango salsa. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!