with Melted Leeks & Garlic Herb Cashew Cream
Get Recipes Delivered
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 2 oz sliced leeks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 oz mafaldine pasta
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- 4 oz baby arugula
- ¼ oz fresh tarragon, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- TIP: Start your pasta water before you start prepping ingredients.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add walnuts to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and toast, shaking skillet frequently, until nuts are fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer toasted walnuts to a plate. TIP: Keep an eye on the walnuts to prevent burning.
Return the skillet to medium-low heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add leeks and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and Dijon mustard to the leeks and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: Lower the heat if leeks begin to brown.
Once the water is boiling, add pasta, stir, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve ⅓ cup pasta water, drain the pasta, and return pasta to the pot, off heat. (4-serving meal: reserve ⅔ cup pasta water)
Add melted leeks to the pot with the pasta. Add reserved pasta water, butter, and herb garlic cheese to the pot. Stir until butter and cheese melt and evenly coat the pasta. Taste and add salt as needed.
Add lemon juice and baby arugula to the pasta and toss. Divide mafaldine pasta with melted leeks and garlic herb cashew cream between plates. Top with toasted walnuts, tarragon, and a pinch of pepper. Serve with lemon wedges. Bon appétit!