Refried Butternut Tacos
with Grape Salsa & Cilantro Cabbage Slaw
Cannellini beans and sweet butternut squash are complemented by a spicy roasted grape salsa and a cabbage slaw tossed in cilantro and lime.
Get Recipes Delivered
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz diced butternut squash
- 4 oz red grapes
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and minced
- 0.25 oz cilantro, leaves and tender stems minced (divided)
- 1 lime, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- 2 oz shredded green cabbage
- 6 yellow corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine cannellini beans, squash, and a pinch of salt in large nonstick skillet and cover with 1 inch cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until squash is fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain, transfer to bowl, and mash beans and squash with fork. Wipe skillet clean. (TIP: Use a large pot instead of a skillet for the 4-serving meal.)
Combine grapes, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast until grapes are soft and slightly wrinkled, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool. Leave oven on for step 5. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil)
Stir together roasted grapes, jalapeño, just half the cilantro, just half the lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in medium bowl.
Return same skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add mashed squash mixture and smooth into even layer. Reduce heat to medium and cook, undisturbed, until bottom is well browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add butter, agave, and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Combine remaining cilantro, remaining lime juice, cabbage, and a pinch of salt in medium bowl and toss. Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven, 5 to 6 minutes.
Transfer warm tortillas to plates and top with refried butternut squash. Top with grape salsa, cilantro cabbage slaw, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with hot sauce. ¡Buen apetito!