Sweet Noodle Kugel
with Apples and AlmondsGET RECIPES DELIVERED
Share this Recipe:
- 8 oz. fettucine, broken into thirds
- 1 large Delicious apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 12-oz package of silken tofu, drained
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup + one tablespoon of natural sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons natural vegetable oil
- small bowl
- blender or food processor
- large pot to boil water
- grater to slice the apple (helpful, not required)
- 9x13 baking dish
Rinse and dry the apple and lemon. Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Break the noodles into thirds. Cook the fettuccine stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl. While the noodles are cooking, peel, core and shred the apple. When the noodles are done, squeeze the juice of the lemon over the noodles, and add the apples and raisins. Toss well to mix, and set aside.
Lightly oil a shallow 9x13 baking dish. In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, almond milk, the large bag of sugar, the almond butter, half of the cinnamon, and the vanilla, and process until smooth. Stir into the noodle mixture and mix well.
Transfer to the prepared baking dish, cover, and bake for 30 minutes. While the kugel is baking, combine the almonds, breadcrumbs, oil, the small bag of sugar and the remaining half of the cinnamon in a small bowl.
Remove the kugel from the oven, top evenly with the almond-crumb mixture, and bake uncovered until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let stand for about 15 minutes, and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!