Aloo Tikki Style Patty
with Basmati Rice & Cilantro Raita
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup white basmati rice
- 2 tsp curry powder (divided)
- 2 Actual Veggies® Green Burgers
- 1 oz Forager Project® Organic Dairy-free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 oz teen spinach
- 4 oz Indian Butter sauce
- ½ oz fresh cilantro, leaves picked from stems
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add basmati rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 13 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add 2 tsp olive oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle just half the madras curry powder on both sides of the veggie burgers. Add veggie burgers to the pan and cook until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil) TIP: The spinach will cook in the same pan.
Combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Add spinach, remaining madras curry, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Cook until spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil)
Add Indian Butter sauce to the skillet with the spinach and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide basmati rice and Indian Butter sauce with spinach between two shallow bowls. Top with aloo tikki style patty and cilantro raita. Enjoy!