Ancient Grain Bowls
with Crispy Chickpeas & Pistachio Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup farro
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 oz sliced leeks
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 4 oz baby arugula
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add farro and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan, cover with 1 inch cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until farro is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and return grains to saucepan, off heat.
Add chickpeas, 1 tbsp olive oil, curry powder, and a pinch of salt to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until browned and crispy in places, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add leeks and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until leeks are softened and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add pistachios to a plate with a pinch of salt and pepper. Form cashew cheese into 4 balls and roll in pistachio mixture to coat. (4-serving meal: form 8 balls)
Add lemon juice, apple, arugula, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Toss the arugula apple salad. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil)
Add farro to the skillet with the melted leeks. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Divide the arugula apple salad between bowls. Top with farro and melted leeks, crispy chickpeas, and pistachio cashew cheese. Serve the ancient grain bowls with lemon wedges. Dig in!