with Garlicky Breadcrumbs & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 2 tsp red chile flakes
- 4 oz curly kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup French green lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan basil pesto
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add just half the garlic and just ¼ tsp red chile flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kale and cook until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp red chile flakes). TIP: Add more red chile flakes if you prefer more spice.
Add 4½ cups water, lentils, cannellini beans, broth concentrate, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pot with the vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until kale and lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn off heat and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 9 cups water). TIP: To “sort” lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add remaining garlic, panko breadcrumbs, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until breadcrumbs are golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp soup broth, and sun-dried tomatoes to a small bowl and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Add pesto and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp soup broth).
Divide autumn minestrone between bowls and top with garlicky breadcrumbs and a dollop of sun-dried tomato pesto. Enjoy!