Beans & Greens Ragout
with Swiss Chard & Chile Garlic Yogurt
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup Israeli couscous
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile, trimmed, deseeded, and minced (divided)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 oz Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tsp New England seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato powder
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 2 tbsp Forager Project® Organic Dairy-free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Get Recipes Delivered
Add ¾ cup water and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1½ cups water)
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and just half the chile. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and transfer chile garlic oil to a medium bowl. Set aside to cool. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil) TIPS: Wash your hands and cutting board well after handling the chile. Add more chile if you prefer more spice. We will use the pot again in the next step.
Return the unrinsed pot to medium-high heat. Add onion, chard stems, carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add New England seasoning, tomato powder, and 2½ cups water to the pot and bring to a simmer. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp tomato powder, 5 cups water)
Add chard leaves, beans, and vegetable broth concentrate to the pot. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add yogurt to the bowl with chile garlic oil and stir. Ladle beans & greens ragout into bowls. Top with couscous and dollop with chile garlic yogurt. Sprinkle with remaining minced Fresno chile. Tuck in!