Beans & Greens Ragout
with Swiss Chard & Chile Garlic Yogurt
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile, trimmed, deseeded, and minced (divided)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 oz green Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tsp bay seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp tomato powder
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 2 tbsp Forager Project® Organic Dairy-free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Add 1½ cups water and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add couscous and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, just half the Fresno chile, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer chile garlic oil to a medium bowl and set aside to cool. TIPS: Wash your hands and cutting board well after handling the chile. Add more chile if you prefer more spice.
Return the pot, unrinsed, to medium-high heat. Add onion, chard stems, carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bay seasoning, tomato powder, and 2½ cups water to the pot and bring to a simmer.
Add chard leaves, beans, and vegetable broth concentrate to the pot. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add yogurt to the bowl with chile garlic oil and stir. Ladle beans & greens ragout into bowls. Top with couscous and dollop with chile garlic yogurt. Sprinkle with remaining Fresno chile. Tuck in!