Beet & Coconut Bacon Flatbreads
with Herbed Cashew Cheese
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 beet, peeled and cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- 2 multigrain flatbreads
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 oz Treeline® Soft French-Style Cashew Cheese
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 1 lemon, one half juiced, one half cut into wedges
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add beet, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil) TIP: Beets can stain your hands and cutting board, so handle with care!
Add tamari, maple syrup, just ¼ tsp liquid smoke, and a pinch of pepper to a small bowl and whisk until combined. (4-serving meal: use ½ tsp liquid smoke) TIP: Keep any remaining liquid smoke for your own use.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add syrup mixture and toasted coconut, and toss to coat. Cook until slightly charred, stirring constantly to prevent burning, 5 to 7 minutes.
Toast flatbreads in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, cashew cheese, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium bowl, and blend the herbed cashew cheese until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Spread herbed cashew cheese on the toasted flatbreads and top with roasted beets and coconut bacon. Cut the flatbreads into wedges, and top with baby arugula. Drizzle lemon juice on top, and serve flatbreads with lemon wedges. Dig in!