Beet & Coconut Bacon Flatbreads
with Herbed Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 beet, peeled and cut into ¼-inch wedges
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke (divided)
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- 2 multigrain flatbreads
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine beet, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Roast until fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil). TIP: Beets can stain cutting boards and other surfaces, so be careful.
Whisk together tamari, maple syrup, just ¼ tsp liquid smoke, and a pinch of pepper in small bowl. (4-serving meal: use ½ tsp liquid smoke). TIP: Keep remaining liquid smoke for your own use.
Heat large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add syrup mixture and toasted coconut and toss to coat. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes.
Place flatbreads in oven and toast for 3 to 5 minutes. Combine garlic, herb garlic cheese, and 1 tbsp olive oil in medium bowl and stir herbed cashew cheese until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Spread herbed cashew cheese on toasted flatbreads and top with roasted beets and coconut bacon. Cut flatbreads into wedges and top with baby arugula. Drizzle lemon juice on top and serve flatbreads with lemon wedges. Dig in!