Black Bean Bowls
with Carrot Poblano Quinoa & Spicy Ranch Dressing
Creamy, savory ranch dressing and tangy, smoky hot sauce complete this high-protein black bean and quinoa bowl.
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced (divided)
- 2 carrot, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, and diced
- 1 lime, juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Reserve just 1 tbsp onion and set aside. Combine remaining onion, carrots, poblano, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in places, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: reserve 2 tbsp onion, use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Stir together reserved onion, avocado, just half the lime juice, and pumpkin seeds in medium bowl.
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add black beans, paprika, cumin, and ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in remaining lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1 cup water)
Combine ranch dressing and just half the hot sauce in small bowl. Whisk spicy ranch dressing until smooth. (TIP: Add more hot sauce if you prefer more spice.)
Fluff quinoa with fork, add roasted vegetables, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide carrot poblano quinoa between bowls and top with black beans, avocado salsa, and spicy ranch dressing. ¡Buen apetito!