Black Bean Burger
with Creamy Avocado Kale Slaw & Griddled Onion
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 oz curly kale, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, half sliced into rounds, half finely diced (divided)
- 1 avocado, halved and peeled, and pit removed (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 2 oz vegan mayo
- 1.5 oz red wine vinegar (divided)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 Actual Veggies® Black Burgers
- 2 potato buns
- Salt and pepper*
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add kale, diced onion, and pinch of salt to a medium bowl. Massage the kale until it gets shiny and tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
Add just half the avocado, just half the garlic, mayo, just half the red wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth, 15 to 20 pulses. Slice the remaining avocado and set aside.
Add remaining garlic, remaining red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and add the cucumber. Set aside. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add 2 tbsp vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion rounds and burgers to the pan. Cook until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil)
Set broiler to high and position oven rack in the middle. Toast potato buns in the oven until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. TIP: All broilers are different. Watch carefully to ensure food doesn’t burn.
Add creamy avocado dressing to the kale and toss to combine. Place the bottom half of each bun on a plate and top with burger, griddled onion, marinated cucumbers, creamy avocado kale slaw, and sliced avocado. Add the top half of each bun. Dig in!