Buffalo Tempeh Quinoa Bowls
with Roasted Peppers & Tzatziki
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz tempeh
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 2 radishes, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 oz vegan tzatziki
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Add mini sweet peppers, shallots, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast vegetables until tender and slightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble tempeh and add to the skillet along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crisp in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Add Buffalo sauce and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Black or gray patches on tempeh are natural products of fermentation and safe to eat.
Divide the quinoa between bowls and add Buffalo tempeh. Top Buffalo tempeh quinoa bowls with roasted vegetables, celery, cucumber, and radish. Dollop with tzatziki. Tuck in!