Buffalo Tempeh Quinoa Bowls
with Roasted Peppers & Tzatziki
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup white quinoa
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz tempeh, crumbled
- ¼ cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 radishes, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup vegan tzatziki
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water).
Combine sweet peppers, shallots, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast vegetables until tender and slightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil).
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and crisp in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Add Buffalo sauce and cook until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil). TIP: Black and gray patches on tempeh are natural byproducts of fermentation and are safe to eat.
Divide quinoa between bowls and add Buffalo tempeh. Top with roasted vegetables, celery, cucumber, and radish. Dollop with tzatziki. Tuck in!