Cajun Baked Tofu
with Creamed Swiss Chard & Pickled Cauliflower
Get Recipes Delivered
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 8 oz Swiss chard, leaves and stems thinly sliced
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 oz pickled cauliflower
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and place on a baking sheet. Add Cajun seasoning, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and toss. Bake tofu until crisp in places, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: If you prefer crispier tofu, bake it longer.
Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add Swiss chard and cook until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, ⅛ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to the Swiss chard, and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use ¼ tsp salt)
Divide the creamed Swiss chard between bowls. Top with Cajun baked tofu and pickled cauliflower. Dig in!