Cashew Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
with Quinoa & Zucchini Olive Salsa
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- ¾ cup white quinoa
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Turn the tomatoes upside down. Using a paring knife, cut a circle that’s slightly larger than a quarter and 1 inch deep in the bottom of each tomato. Remove the loosened flesh, and sprinkle the cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff tomatoes with herb garlic cheese. Place tomatoes in a small skillet with ¼ cup olive oil and roast in the oven until soft, 20 to 25 minutes. After removing from the oven, reserve just half the warm olive oil. (4-serving meal: use ½ cup olive oil) TIPS: Roasted tomatoes should be soft but still able to hold their shape.
Add quinoa, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add shallot, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, zucchini, and olives to a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt. When tomatoes are done roasting, add the reserved olive oil to the zucchini olive salsa and stir.
Divide the cooked quinoa between plates. Top with cashew cheese stuffed tomatoes and zucchini olive salsa. Tuck in!