Chickpea Massaman Curry
with Crispy Garlic & Peanuts
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup farro
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (divided)
- 1 oz ginger, peeled and minced
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz grape tomatoes
- 4 oz green Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp massaman curry paste
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Add farro and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan, cover with 1 inch cold water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until farro is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and return grains to the saucepan, off heat.
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until it starts to brown and bubble at the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Add peanuts and cook until garlic and peanuts are toasted, another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove nuts and garlic from oil with a slotted spoon and transfer to a small bowl, leaving the oil in the skillet; do not discard the oil. Sprinkle peanuts and garlic with lime zest and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil).
Heat the reserved oil in the large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and Swiss chard and cover with a lid. Cook until chard is wilted and tender and tomatoes begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste, coconut milk, sugar, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until curry thickens, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lime juice and a pinch of salt. (4-serving meal: use ½ cup water).
Divide chickpea massaman curry between bowls. Top with farro and sprinkle with crispy garlic and peanuts. Enjoy!