Chipotle Tofu Tacos
with Radish Escabeche & Cilantro Crema
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp agave
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and stems finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, minced, adobo sauce reserved
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp tamari
- 6 corn tortillas
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 350°F for the tortillas. Add lime juice, agave, and ⅛ tsp salt to a medium bowl, and stir to dissolve the salt. Add radishes to the bowl, toss, and set aside the radish escabeche to marinate. In a small bowl, combine just 1 tsp garlic, cilantro, mayo, and a pinch of salt, and stir the cilantro crema. (4-serving meal: use ¼ tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic) TIP: You can also use a toaster oven or microwave to warm the tortillas.
Add remaining garlic, chipotle pepper, reserved adobo sauce, almond butter, tamari, 2 tbsp warm water, and ¼ tsp salt to a medium bowl and stir the chipotle sauce until smooth. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm, 3 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp warm water, ½ tsp salt)
Cut tofu into bite-size cubes. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until crispy in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chipotle sauce and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Spread cilantro crema on the warmed tortillas. Top with chipotle tofu, radish escabeche, and romaine lettuce. Bon appétit! TIP: Be sure to get the crispy bits out of the skillet and into your tacos!