Coconut Ginger Congee
with Crispy Tofu
Get Recipes Delivered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, green and white part separated (divided)
- ½ cup quinoa speckled sushi rice
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add garlic, ginger, scallion whites, quinoa speckled sushi rice, coconut milk, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until grains are tender and water is absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes.
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add scallion greens, cubed tofu, and a pinch of salt and pepper to saucepan and cook until tofu is lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
Divide the coconut ginger congee between bowls. Top with crispy tofu, charred scallion, and as much Sriracha as you’d like.