with Crunchy Date Slaw & Peanut Sauce
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup quinoa speckled sushi rice
- 2 oz dates, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 oz shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (divided)
- ½ cup toasted coconut, finely chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 8 slices
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp Thai peanut sauce
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add quinoa speckled sushi rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until grains are tender and water is absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes.
Add dates, lime juice, red cabbage, just 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl. Toss the crunchy date slaw.
Add remaining sesame seeds, toasted coconut, and panko breadcrumbs to a plate and mix.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and ¼ cup cold water and whisk. Toss tofu in the cornstarch mixture, remove, and press into the coconut breadcrumbs. Heat ¼ cup vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breaded tofu and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with salt, and cover loosely to keep warm. TIP: If the breaded tofu is getting too dark, lower the heat slightly.
Divide the rice and crunchy date slaw between plates. Top with coconut tofu and serve with peanut sauce for dipping. Bon appétit!