Creamy Cauliflower Potato Soup
with Thyme & Lemon Pepper Chickpeas
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 8 oz cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper blend
- ¼ oz fresh thyme, leaves picked from the stem (divided)
- 1 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add potato, cauliflower florets, miso paste, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pot. Stir, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until potatoes and cauliflower are fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 cups water)
Add chickpeas, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and lemon pepper blend to a baking sheet and toss. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with just half the thyme leaves. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Carefully transfer the cauliflower potato soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary. Return soup to the pot. TIPS: Work in batches if necessary. Vent blender (by removing the plastic center of the lid) and begin blending on low and finish on high to avoid splashing.
Divide the creamy cauliflower potato soup between large bowls. Top with thyme and lemon pepper chickpeas and parmesan. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme leaves. Soup’s on!