Creamy Pasta Primavera
with Asparagus & Pistachio Salsa
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 5 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ oz fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add asparagus and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and transfer asparagus to a plate. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil) TIP: We will use this skillet again in a later step.
Add pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta. (4-serving meal: reserve 2 cups pasta water)
Add just half the garlic, parsley, lemon zest, just 1 tbsp lemon juice, pistachios, basil, capers, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine, and set aside. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil)
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add reserved pasta water and herb garlic cheese and whisk the creamy primavera sauce until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add pasta to the primavera sauce and mix until fully combined. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Divide the creamy pasta primavera between bowls. Top with asparagus and pistachio salsa. Bon appétit!