Creamy Pasta Primavera
with Asparagus & Pistachio Salsa
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 5 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer asparagus to a plate. TIP: We will use this skillet again in a later step.
Add pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta.
Add just half the garlic, lemon zest, just 1 tbsp lemon juice, pistachios, basil, capers, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside. TIP: Keep remaining lemon juice for your own use.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add reserved pasta water and herb garlic cheese and whisk the creamy primavera sauce until smooth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add pasta to the primavera sauce and mix until fully combined.
Divide the creamy pasta primavera between bowls. Top with asparagus and pistachio salsa. Bon appétit!