Creamy Peanut Noodles
with Gingered Asparagus & Collard Greens
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 7 oz rice noodles
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 oz collard greens, destemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 oz dates, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Thai peanut sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the noodles. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add peanuts and cook until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove toasted peanuts with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl, leaving the oil in the skillet. Once the water is boiling, add rice noodles and cook for 10 to 11 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process. TIP: The noodles should be slightly undercooked, as they will finish cooking in a later step.
Return the skillet with leftover oil to medium-high heat and add asparagus and collard greens. Cook until vegetables are bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and dates. Cook until ginger and garlic are softened, another 2 to 3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and transfer gingered asparagus and collard greens to a plate. TIP: We will use this skillet again in the next step.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add rice noodles and Thai peanut sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer until noodles are coated and sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed.
Divide the creamy peanut noodles between bowls. Top with gingered asparagus and collard greens and sprinkle with toasted peanuts. Tuck in!