Crispy Baked Cashew Cheese
with Roasted Asparagus & Burst Tomato Vinaigrette
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup French green lentils
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp French mustard & herb blend
- 6 oz red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 4 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 6 oz asparagus, end trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp ground pepper*
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Set oven to 425°F. Add French green lentils, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt to a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain any remaining water and add cooked lentils to a medium bowl. Add just half the Champagne vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the French mustard & herb blend, and toss. Cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 cups water)
Add potatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to one side of a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Add tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to the other side of the baking sheet and toss. Cook until potatoes are partially cooked and tomatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add breadcrumbs, 1 tsp black pepper, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and stir. Divide cashew cheese in half and roll each half into a ball. Add cheese balls to the breadcrumbs and rotate until fully coated. Gently flatten each ball into a ¾-inch thick disk. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp black pepper)
Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add asparagus to the potatoes, and toss. Add breaded cheese to the baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is just heated and vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to use two baking sheets.
Transfer the roasted tomatoes to a small bowl. Add remaining Champagne vinegar, olives, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Divide the lentils between bowls. Top with roasted vegetables and the burst tomato vinaigrette and add crispy baked cashew cheese. Bon appétit!