Crispy Black Bean Patties
with Avocado Spinach Salad & Lime Aioli
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (divided)
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 tsp zhoug seasoning
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 2 tsp olive oil*
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add just ¼ tsp garlic, just ½ tsp lime zest, just 2 tsp lime juice, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and mix the lime aioli.
Add black beans, remaining garlic, just ¼ cup onion, garbanzo bean flour, zhoug seasoning, and ½ tsp salt to a large bowl. Mix with your hands, crushing the beans, until the dough is sticky and uniform. Form dough into 6 patties, each about 2 inches wide. TIPS: Keep remaining onions for your own use. You can use a food processor for this step if you prefer.
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add black bean patties and cook until crisp and heated through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. TIP: Add more oil as necessary to crisp the patties.
Add baby spinach, remaining lime juice, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl, and toss. Divide spinach salad between bowls and top with black bean patties, cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado. Drizzle with lime aioli. Enjoy!