Crispy Bombay Potatoes
with Cilantro Cauliflower Salad & Tahini Yogurt
Get Recipes Delivered
- ⅓ cup beluga lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 12 oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 oz cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 5.3 oz Forager Project® Organic Dairy-free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition
Get Recipes Delivered
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add beluga lentils and 1 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 24 minutes. Drain any remaining water. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water) TIP: Beluga lentils should be slightly firm, not mushy, when properly cooked.
Add potatoes to a medium saucepan, cover with 1 inch water, and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Add cauliflower, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until well browned, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil)
Add just ½ cup yogurt, tahini, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and stir the tahini yogurt. In a separate bowl, combine onion, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup yogurt) TIP: Keep any remaining yogurt and onion for your own use.
Place cooled potatoes on a cutting board and gently press each potato until the sides blister open. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add smashed potatoes, garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ½ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper. Cook potatoes until golden brown and crispy, 5 to 8 minutes per side. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt)
Add roasted cauliflower and cilantro to the bowl with the pickled onion. Spread tahini yogurt on plates. Top with lentils, crispy Bombay potatoes, and cilantro cauliflower salad. बोन अप्पेतित!