Crispy Brussels Sprouts
with Aleppo "Honey" Butter & Miso Basil Polenta
Get Recipes Delivered
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes (divided)
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- ½ cup polenta
- 0.5 oz basil, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Move oven rack to top position and preheat to 425°F. Combine Brussels sprouts, carrots, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to baking sheet and toss. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in places, 23 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Melt butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add hazelnuts, garlic, shallot, and just half the Aleppo pepper flakes and cook, swirling pan constantly, for 1 minute. Add agave and whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. TIP: Add more Aleppo pepper flakes if you prefer more spice.
Bring 2 cups water, miso paste, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a simmer in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking to dissolve miso paste. Slowly add polenta while whisking continuously until it thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add basil, and whisk well. (4-serving meal: use 4 cups water). TIP: Do not start polenta until your Brussels sprouts are almost finished.
Divide miso basil polenta between bowls. Top with roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots. Smother with Aleppo “honey” butter. Enjoy!