with Fresh Herb Salad & Creamy Lemon Dijon Dressing
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 radishes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (divided)
- 4 oz vegan mayo (divided)
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz hearts of palm, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded, and roughly chopped
- 1½ tsp New England seasoning
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 2 oz baby arugula
- ¼ oz fresh dill, fronds picked from the stems
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil*
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add carrot, radish, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
Add garlic, lemon juice, just half the Dijon mustard, just 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk the lemon Dijon dressing.
Add remaining Dijon mustard, remaining mayo, chickpeas, hearts of palm, jalapeño, New England seasoning, just ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper to a food processor. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped and well combined, 5 to 8 pulses. Form fabcake mixture into 6 patties, each about 2 inches wide. TIP: Wash your hands and cutting board well after handling the jalapeño.
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining panko breadcrumbs to a plate and gently press fabcake patties into the breadcrumbs, coating both sides. Add breaded fabcakes to the skillet and cook until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. TIP: Add more oil as needed to crisp the fabcakes.
Divide the baby arugula and dill fronds between bowls. Top with roasted vegetables and crispy fabcakes. Drizzle with creamy lemon Dijon dressing and serve with lemon wedges. Tuck in!