Crispy Mushroom Chick'n Sandwiches
with Sweet Potato Fries & Garlicky Ranch
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp New England seasoning
- 8 oz oyster mushrooms, pulled apart, stems trimmed
- 2 pretzel buns, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 oz vegan ranch
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 oz dill pickles
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until wedges are crisp and slightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add flour, New England seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl, stir, add oyster mushrooms, and toss to coat.
Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add breaded mushrooms in a single layer and cook until lightly browned and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer crispy mushrooms to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal, adding more oil as needed.
Place pretzel buns in the oven to toast, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ranch, and ⅛ tsp pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use ¼ tsp pepper)
Add some crispy mushrooms to the bottom half of one toasted pretzel bun and top with some radish, pickles, and arugula. Drizzle with garlicky ranch. Close the sandwich, and repeat to make the remaining sandwich. Serve with sweet potato fries. Tuck in!