Crispy Potato Skillet
with Snap Pea Slaw & Scallion Sour Cream
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¼ cup beluga lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 14 oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 oz sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (divided)
- 1 lemon, halved and juiced
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add lentils and ½ cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 24 minutes. Drain any remaining water. TIP: To “sort” lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Add potatoes to a large pot, cover with 1 inch cold water, and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Add snap peas, just half the scallion, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl and toss the snap pea slaw.
Add remaining scallions, sour cream, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Stir the scallion sour cream.
Place cooled potatoes on a cutting board and use the palm of your hand to gently press each potato until the sides blister open. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add smashed potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Add red bell pepper, garlic, butter, and paprika and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
Taste the crispy potato skillet and add salt as needed. Scatter lentils over the skillet. Serve family-style, topped with snap pea slaw, scallion sour cream, and as much jalapeño as you like. Enjoy!