Crispy Potato Skillet
with Snap Pea Slaw & Sour Cream
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1/3 cup beluga lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 14 oz Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Add lentils and ½ cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 24 minutes. Drain any remaining water. TIP: To “sort” lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Add potatoes to a large pot, cover with 1 inch cold water, and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Add snap peas, scallion, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl and toss the snap pea slaw.
Place cooled potatoes on a cutting board and use the palm of your hand to gently press each potato until the sides blister open. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add smashed potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Add bell pepper, garlic, butter, and paprika, and cook until pepper begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Scatter lentils over the crispy potato skillet. Serve family-style, topped with snap pea slaw, sour cream, and as much jalapeño as you like. Enjoy!