Crispy Potato Skillet
with Snap Pea Slaw & Scallion Sour Cream
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¼ cup beluga lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 14 oz red bliss potatoes
- 6 oz sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (divided)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 oz Treeline® Sour Cream
- 1 red bell pepper, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 jalapeño, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add beluga lentils to a small saucepan with ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 24 minutes. Drain any remaining water. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup water) TIP: To “sort” lentils (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Add potatoes to a large pot, cover with 1 inch cold water, and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Add snap peas, just half the scallion, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl. Toss the snap pea slaw and set aside. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add remaining scallion, sour cream, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Stir the scallion sour cream.
Place cooled potatoes on a cutting board and use the palm of your hand to gently press each potato until the sides blister open. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add smashed potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Add red bell pepper, garlic, butter, and paprika, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Taste the crispy potato skillet and add salt as necessary. Scatter beluga lentils over the skillet. Serve family style, topped with snap pea slaw, scallion sour cream, and as much jalapeño as you like. Enjoy!