Curry Mango Tempeh
with Lemon Yogurt & Basmati Rice
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 3 tbsp Forager Project® Organic Dairy-Free Cashewmilk Yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt *
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add basmati rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and rice is tender, 13 to 15 minutes. Add lemon zest, taste, and add salt as necessary. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add just half the lemon juice, mango chutney, curry powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp water to a medium bowl, and stir to combine. Add a pinch of salt and stir the spicy mango sauce. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp water)
Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh and cook until crispy on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle tempeh with salt. Add shallot, and cook until softened and browned, 2 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Add the spinach and toss until just wilted. Add curry mango sauce, toss to coat, and cook until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
Add 1 tsp lemon juice, yogurt, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and stir the lemon yogurt. Divide basmati rice and curry mango tempeh between bowls, and top with lemon yogurt. Dig in! (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp lemon juice)