with Harissa Glazed Carrots & Dilly Garlic Sauce
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 beets, peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick wedges
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed (divided)
- ½ cup white quinoa
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, 2 cloves minced (divided)
- 2 tsp dried dill (divided)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp garbanzo bean flour
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add carrot, beet, harissa paste, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt to a baking sheet and toss. Roast for 10 minutes. Add just ¾ cup chickpeas to the baking sheet and return to the oven. Cook until vegetables are tender, another 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil, 1½ cups chickpeas) TIP: If you are sensitive to spice, use just half of the harissa paste.
Add quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Add lemon zest, just half the lemon juice, and 1 tsp olive oil, stir to combine, and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water, 2 tsp olive oil)
Add shallot and whole garlic cloves to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add remaining chickpeas, just half the dill, cumin, tahini, and 1 tsp salt, and pulse until well chopped. Add the garbanzo bean flour and blend until the mixture is combined. (4-serving meal: 2 tsp salt)
Form the falafel mixture into four 2-inch wide patties. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add falafel and cook until browned and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with salt. (4-serving meal: form 8 patties) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal, adding more oil as needed.
Add remaining lemon juice, minced garlic, remaining dill, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and stir the dilly garlic sauce.
Divide quinoa between bowls. Add harissa glazed carrots, roasted chickpeas, and wedged beets. Top with falafel and dollop with dilly garlic sauce. Enjoy!