Grape Leaf Pilaf
with Dilly Beans & Sumac Roasted Carrots
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 4-inch sticks
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans
- ¼ oz fresh dill, fronds picked and roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- 4 stuffed grape leaves (dolmas), roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup vegan tzatziki
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat quinoa, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add carrot, 2 tsp olive oil, sumac, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until tender and slightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add beans, dill, scallion, just half the lemon juice, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium bowl and stir. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. TIP: The dill fronds are the wispy leaves on the thick stem.
Add the grape leaves to the cooked quinoa. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. TIP: Be careful chopping the grape leaves, as they can be slippery.
Divide the grape leaf pilaf between bowls and add dilly beans and sumac roasted carrots. Top with dried cherries and drizzle with tzatziki. Dig in!