Green Goddess Vegetable Pilaf
with Asparagus & Herbed Ranch Dressing
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 6 oz asparagus, ends trimmed
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ¼ oz fresh mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (divided)
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add basmati rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and grains are tender, 13 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water)
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook, undisturbed, until charred in places, 2 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and cook until crisp-tender, another 1 to 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil) TIP: Crisp-tender means the asparagus will still have some crunch.
Fluff the cooked rice and transfer to a large bowl. Add snap peas, scallion, cucumber, mint, just 1 tbsp lemon juice, pistachios, and 2 tsp olive oil to the bowl and gently toss the vegetable pilaf. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp lemon juice, 4 tsp olive oil)
Add remaining lemon juice, parsley, ranch dressing, and a pinch of pepper to a small bowl and stir the herbed ranch dressing. Divide the vegetable pilaf between plates and top with asparagus and avocado. Drizzle the green goddess vegetable pilaf with herbed ranch dressing. Bon appétit!