Harissa Roasted Eggplant
with Butter Beans & Herbed Tomatoes
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 tbsp harissa paste (divided)
- 1 traditional eggplant, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 3 oz grape tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 oz Swiss chard, destemmed, leaves chopped and stems thinly sliced (divided)
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro tender leaves and stems finely chopped
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, tender leaves and stems finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add just half the harissa paste, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Add eggplant to a foil-lined baking sheet and brush both sides with harissa oil. Roast in the oven until the eggplant softens, 10 minutes. Flip the eggplant and add the tomatoes to the baking sheet. Roast until eggplant is golden brown and tomatoes have burst, another 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and Swiss chard stems. Cook, stirring often, until stems are browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Add remaining harissa paste, chard leaves, butter beans, ½ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook until the chard stems are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep covered.
Add roasted tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a small bowl. Stir the herbed tomatoes.
Divide butter bean and chard mixture between bowls. Top with harissa roasted eggplant and herbed tomatoes and drizzle each plate with olive oil. Dig in!