Japanese Yam Sushi Bowls
with Sesame Spinach & Citrus Aioli
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 Japanese yams, cut into wedges
- ½ cup quinoa speckled rice
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lime, zested, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 tbsp tuxedo sesame seeds (divided)
- 1 tbsp kibbled nori
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add yam, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Bake until yam wedges are crisp and slightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add quinoa speckled rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add cucumber, chili garlic sauce, and rice vinegar to a medium bowl and toss.
Add lime zest, lime juice, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and mix the citrus aioli.
Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add baby spinach, just 2 tsp sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil, just 4 tsp sesame seeds)
Divide the quinoa speckled rice between bowls. Add roasted yam wedges, sesame spinach, and spicy cucumbers and drizzle with citrus aioli. Top the Japanese yam sushi bowls with kibbled nori and remaining sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges. いただきます !