Kale and Tempeh Chorizo Scramble
with Sweet Peppers & Cheddar
Get Recipes Delivered
- 8 oz tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tsp chorizo spice blend
- 2 oz curly kale, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 mini sweet peppers, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 oz vegan cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, chorizo spice blend, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tempeh is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale and mini sweet peppers and cook until kale is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cheese, toss to combine, and remove from heat.
Toast the sourdough bread and spread butter on each slice. Divide the kale and tempeh chorizo scramble between plates and serve with buttered toast.