Kimchi Mushroom Fried Rice
with Bok Choy & Sriracha Aioli
Get Recipes Delivered
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 oz baby bok choy, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 oz ginger, peeled and minced
- 8.8 oz precooked brown rice
- 4 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add carrot, bok choy, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until carrot is crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer sautéed vegetables to plate. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil). TIP: Crisp-tender means the vegetables will still have some crunch.
Return same skillet to medium-high heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Add rice, flatten on bottom of skillet, and cook, undisturbed, until rice begins to crisp and pop, 4 to 6 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables and kimchi to fried rice and stir. Cook until hot, about 1 minute. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil).
Whisk together mayo and as much Sriracha as you’d like in small bowl.
Divide kimchi mushroom fried rice between bowls and sprinkle with scallion. Drizzle with Sriracha aioli. 잘 먹겠습니다 !