Kimchi Tofu Stew
with Bok Choy & Sticky Rice
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ cup sushi rice
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1½ tsp tamari
- 6 oz baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 5.6 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition
Add sushi rice, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the grains are tender and water is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water) TIP: For best results, rinse your sushi rice in a fine mesh strainer before cooking.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and add to the skillet. Cook until crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Add 2 tsp vegetable oil, scallion white, garlic, and ginger to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 cups water, gochujang, and tamari, and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Add baby bok choy and kimchi and simmer the stew until bok choy is bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste stew, and add salt and pepper as necessary. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil, 4 cups water)
Divide stew between large bowls and add crispy tofu. Top the kimchi tofu stew with sliced scallion green and serve with sticky rice. Enjoy!