with Gochujang Roasted Beets & Crispy Seeded Rice
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 8 oz precooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 beet, peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick wedges
- 2 tbsp gochujang (divided)
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (divided)
- 6 oz baby bok choy, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 2.8 oz vegan cabbage kimchi
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Make a small tear at the top of the brown rice bag and microwave bag for 1 minute. Transfer rice to a medium bowl to cool. Add hemp seeds and stir.
Add beet and 2 tsp vegetable oil to a baking sheet, toss to coat, and roast until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss roasted beets with just 1 tbsp gochujang. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp gochujang) TIP: Beets can stain your hands and cutting board, so handle with care!
Add remaining gochujang and mayo to a small bowl and whisk the gochujang aioli.
Heat just 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add baby bok choy and cook until browned in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp sesame oil) TIP: We will use this skillet again in the next step.
Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining sesame oil. Add rice, press into an even layer, and cook until bottom begins to crackle and brown, 5 to 7 minutes. TIP: Let the rice cook undisturbed to help it crisp.
Leave the crispy rice in the skillet, and top with gochujang roasted beets, sesame bok choy, carrot ribbons, and kimchi. Dollop with gochujang aioli. Sprinkle with scallion. Serve the Korean bibimbap family style. Enjoy!