Korean Tofu Tacos
with Kimchi Slaw & Cilantro
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 oz coleslaw blend
- 4 oz vegan kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 6 corn tortillas
- 0.5 oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Add garlic, just 2 tsp ginger, gochujang, peanut butter, tamari, sugar, sesame oil, and 2 tbsp warm water to a medium bowl. Whisk the gochujang sauce. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp ginger, 4 tbsp warm water). TIP: Keep remaining ginger for your own use.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until crispy in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add gochujang sauce and cook, another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil).
Add coleslaw blend, kimchi, mayo, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel and warm in microwave for 15 to 30 seconds to soften. Divide warm tortillas between plates and top with Korean tofu and kimchi slaw. Sprinkle with cilantro. 잘 먹겠습니다 ! TIP: You can also wrap tortillas in foil and place in a 400°F oven until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes.