Lemon Pepper Tofu
with Za’atar White Bean Purée & Caper Vinaigrette
Get Recipes Delivered
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems finely chopped
- 2 oz grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 oz green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp + ½ tsp olive oil*
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add tofu, lemon zest, cornstarch, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, a pinch of salt, and ½ tsp black pepper to a foil-lined baking sheet and gently toss. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, 25 to 30 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 tsp black pepper)
Add cannellini beans, just half the lemon juice, just half the garlic, za’atar seasoning, 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, and ¼ cup warm water to the food processor. Pulse mixture until cannellini beans are creamy and smooth. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup warm water) TIP: If you prefer, you can substitute water for some of the olive oil.
Add the remaining lemon juice, remaining garlic, parsley, tomatoes, capers, ½ tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 1 tsp olive oil)
Heat a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Add green beans and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until bright green and starting to crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
Spoon za’atar white bean purée onto plates. Top with lemon pepper tofu, green beans, and caper vinaigrette. Dig in!