Lemon Pepper Tofu
with Za’atar White Bean Purée & Caper Vinaigrette
Get Recipes Delivered
- 14 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (divided)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 13.4 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 1 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems finely chopped
- 2 oz grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 oz green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp + ½ tsp olive oil*
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Tear tofu into 2-inch pieces and add to a foil-lined baking sheet. Add lemon zest, cornstarch, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, a pinch of salt, and ½ tsp black pepper to the tofu and gently toss. Bake until lightly browned and crispy, 25 to 30 minutes.
Add cannellini beans, just half the lemon juice, just half the garlic, za’atar seasoning, 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt, and ¼ cup warm water to the food processor. Pulse mixture until the cannellini beans are creamy and smooth. TIP: If you prefer, you can substitute water for some of the olive oil.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining lemon juice, remaining garlic, parsley, tomatoes, capers, ½ tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Add green beans and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until bright green and starting to crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
Spoon za’atar white bean purée onto plates. Top with lemon pepper tofu, green beans, and caper vinaigrette. Dig in!