Madras Curry Sweet Potatoes
with Mango Salad & Pistachio Crusted Avocado
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup quinoa speckled rice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, halved, flesh scooped out in one piece (pit removed)
- 2 oz baby kale
- Salt and pepper*
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, curry powder, a pinch of salt, and 2 tsp vegetable oil to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until sweet potato is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and move sweet potatoes to one side. Add pistachios, paprika, 1 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss. Return to oven and roast until potatoes are golden brown and pistachios are fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil, 2 tsp vegetable oil)
Add the quinoa speckled rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until grains are tender and water is absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add garlic, lime juice, mango, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a medium bowl and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIP: Don’t toss the kale with the rest of the salad yet; the kale will wilt.
Press the avocado halves into the paprika pistachios, directly on the baking sheet, and set aside on a small plate. Add remaining paprika pistachios to mango salad.
Add kale to the mango salad and toss. Divide the quinoa speckled sushi rice between plates. Top with madras curry sweet potatoes, mango salad, pistachio crusted avocados, and lime wedges. Bon appétit!