with Garlicky Broccolini & Buttery Hazelnuts
Get Recipes Delivered
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp vegan oat butter
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp crushed Aleppo pepper flakes (divided)
- 6 oz mafaldine pasta
- ¼ cup Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the skillet for the next step.
Add broccolini to the same skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Sprinkle broccolini with salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until bright green and charred in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter, hazelnuts, toasted garlic, and just a pinch of Aleppo pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once water is boiling, add pasta, stir, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve ⅓ cup pasta water and drain the pasta. Return cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the pot. Add herb garlic cheese and toss over low heat to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the mafaldine alfredo between bowls. Top with garlicky broccolini and buttery hazelnuts. Sprinkle with remaining Aleppo pepper, if desired. Dig in!