Maple-Chipotle Carrot Tacos
with Mojo Verde Black Beans & Spicy Pepitas
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, roughly chopped, adobo sauce reserved (divided)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 6 tbsp mojo verde sauce
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine carrots, maple syrup, just half the chipotle pepper in adobo, reserved adobo sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt on baking sheet and toss. Roast until carrots are lightly browned at edges, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil). TIP: Add more chipotle pepper in adobo if you prefer more spice.
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over carrots and continue to roast until the seeds are lightly browned and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Combine mojo verde and black beans in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Use back of fork to mash about half the beans until they start to stick together and become creamy. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm, 4 to 5 minutes.
Divide warm tortillas between plates and top with mojo verde black beans, maple-chipotle carrots, spicy pepitas, and avocado. Serve with lime wedges. Tuck in!