Maple-Chipotle Carrot Tacos
with Mojo Verde Black Beans & Spicy Pepitas
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, roughly chopped, adobo sauce reserved
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 6 tbsp mojo verde sauce
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved and diced (pit removed)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Add carrots, maple syrup, just half the chipotle pepper in adobo and reserved adobo sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until carrots are lightly browned at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil). TIP: Add more chipotle pepper and adobo sauce if you prefer more heat.
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the carrots. Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook until the seeds are lightly browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. TIP: Leave the oven on for your tortillas.
Add mojo verde and black beans to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Using the back of a fork, smash about half the beans and stir until incorporated with remaining whole beans. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm, 4 to 5 minutes. TIP: If you have a gas stove, you can heat the tortillas directly over a low flame. Use tongs to flip the tortillas until warmed through and lightly browned on both sides. You can also wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel and warm in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften.
Divide warm tortillas between plates and top with mojo verde black beans, maple-chipotle carrots, and spicy pepitas. Finish with avocado and lime juice. Tuck in!