Mojo Rojo Black Bean Tacos
with Swiss Chard & Charred Lemon
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 oz Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, minced, adobo sauce reserved
- 3/4 cup mojo rojo sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 avocado, flesh sliced (pit removed)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lemon halves with 1 tsp olive oil and add to the hot skillet. Cook until well-charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Set lemon aside. Save skillet for the next step. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil).
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add black beans, chipotle pepper and reserved sauce, and mojo rojo sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until greens are tender and sauce has reduced, 4 to 6 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Wrap tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm, 4 to 5 minutes. Divide warm tortillas between plates and spread each with a little vegan mayo. Top with mojo rojo black beans, Swiss chard, and sliced avocado. Squeeze on the charred lemon. Tuck in! TIP: If you have a gas stove, you can heat the tortillas directly over a low flame instead. Use tongs to flip the tortillas until warmed through and lightly browned on both sides. You can also wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel and warm in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften.