Mushroom Bulgur Soup
with Baby Kale & Lemon Cream
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Not-Chick’n™ Bouillon Cube
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz baby kale
- 2 oz vegan sour cream
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tsp salt*
- Ground pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, dried thyme, and smoked paprika and cook until mushrooms are browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add 2½ cups water, bouillon cube, bulgur, butter beans, 1 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper to the pot. Stir, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until bulgur has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add baby kale and stir until wilted. Cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 3 cups water, 2 tsp salt)
Add sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a small bowl and stir to combine.
Divide mushroom bulgur soup with baby kale between two soup bowls and drizzle with lemon cream. Soup’s on!