Pan-Seared Asparagus Salad
with Green Goddess Kale & Butter Bean Breadcrumbs
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 6 oz Lacinato kale, destemmed and thinly sliced
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 13.4 oz butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped (divided)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ oz fresh tarragon, tender leaves and stems roughly chopped
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- Salt and pepper*
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add kale and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl and massage kale with your hands or tongs until the kale becomes shiny, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIPS: Crisp-tender means the vegetables will still have some crunch. You will reuse this pan in the next step.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add breadcrumbs and just half the garlic and cook until breadcrumbs are golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add butter beans and cook until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Add just half the parsley leaves and stems and lemon zest to the breadcrumb mixture, stir to combine, and turn off the heat. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add remaining garlic, remaining parsley leaves and stems, lemon juice, tarragon, vegan mayo, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender. Blend the green goddess dressing until smooth. Add dressing to the kale and toss to combine.
Divide the pan-seared asparagus between plates and top with green goddess kale salad. Sprinkle with butter bean breadcrumbs. Dig in!